Wednesday 17 January 2007

Lolli Heaven!


I am off to a Costume Society Study Day: Reconstructing 60s Fashion at the V&A this Saturday with my sister Annie. Speakers include:

Mary Quant
Paul Gorman
Felicity Green
Barbara Hulanicki (Biba!)
Marit Allen
Marion Foale & Sally Tuffin
Paul Reeves
Justin de Villeneuve
Sylvia Ayton

They will talk within the themes: Design and Education, Journalism and Photography, Boutiques and Shops & Music and "The Scene". You'd think I'd be so fed up of the 1960s malarchy after writing a whole dissertation on it but I can't get enough! It will be nice to sit in an auditorium and hear some of my heroines speak about the creative explosion that was the 1960s, now that i have FINISHED MY DISSERTATION!!!!! WHHHHOOOOOO! Massive party and old skool & Newcastle reunion on Friday night too. Very happy to be me!

If you haven't seen the exhibition yet-check it out it's pretty cool. Also the second part of the Indica Gallery reconstructed at the Riflemaker Gallery on Beak Street in Soho. Michael English and Hapshash etc. Psychedelic gig posters and other design from the psychedelic era.

Good night my little flower children xx

No comments: