Monday 19 October 2009

WAH Nails (oh and Zoo Art Fair)

So I forgot to mention that I FINALLY made it down to the WAH nail salon on Friday too. My nails had got to a good length at last without breaking so it was about time I treated myself to a makeover. Meghan realised my 70's psychedelic curtain idea amazingly well and we added some gold glitter tips for a little glam touch. They look like a Mexican Sunrise mixed with 70'S fairground carousel. I am WELL pleased with them and planning my next paint-up session already. WAH Nails also sells vintage clothes, jewellery, snacks and drinks amongst other bits and bobs. It is the perfect east london hang out where you can go and get pampered and inspired at the same time. With good music, juicy coffee table books and a whole host of interesting characters popping in and out it is no wonder that it had a lovely little write up in Timeout the other day (as well as Sharmadein being featured in Grazia recently). Our blog on the WAH site still isn't working but as it has all been a bit of an exciting, busy and stressful last six months for the WAH crew we can understand why. With a pop-up shop coming up in Selfridges and having just done nails for the PPQ show at London Fashion Week, these gals are definitely smashing it.

Photobucket


Oh and I was very excited about my Sunday date to the Zoo Art Fair yesterday. Unfortunately I could have found a thousand better ways to spend the hefty £15 door tax. It was a lovely sunny afternoon, I was in great company and I would have regretted not going but sadly the best thing in there was the Bistroteque pop-up cafe. I was particularly disappointed by Rob Tufnell's curated Exhibition 'Althogether Elsewhere'. Excuse my language but what a pile of s**t. The legendary 'magic carpet' theme promised all sorts of psychedelic wonderment but seruiously failed to deliver. We agreed that the building was far more interesting than the exhibiton. I don't think that Frieze's new and well reviewed 'Frieze Frame' addition helped their case as it was major competition . However, they are going to need to really step up to the plate and switch things up next year if they want to survive in the art (meat) market.

No comments: